Sunday, October 29, 2006

Random Post to Please the Masses

So...
My blog has been lacking....blogs.
I figured I should write something, seeing as I'm trying my best to procrastinate from going back to studying Pharmaceutics...icky.

So how's school...well glad you asked. It's grand. It's been a steady stream of reading, quizzes, assignments, labs and midterms, but I'm getting through it. It makes a difference when you are actually interested in what you are learning. In fact, it was just last week that I got to pick and prod at a dead body and many body parts learning all about muscles, my favorite anatomy topic. And with all respect to the dead, our particular male cadaver must have had a boner when he died because HELLO! It was an interesting surprise when they unzipped the bag, to say the least. It was hard not to giggle. We also formulated our first cough syrup and IV injection.

I'm looking forward to Christmas break and for my last official visit to Calgary. Yes, I liked Calgary back in the day but in all honesty I really don't care to go back for the sake of going back. The only reason I go back to Calgary is to see Mom, Kevin and Oreo for Christmas, as well as random family members and friends.
There are very few things I miss about Calgary.
One thing I do miss is the Chinooks, but from the sounds of things I'm having warmer weather than Mom. Oh and Ginger Beef. My prayers are with the Chinese people who finally bring the delicious dish to Nfld. And Lululemon. I plan on buying every item in that store when I visit for Christmas.
So minus those three things, I'm pretty content where I am.

Other than that, it's the same ole regime. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means I've established a very satisfactory equilibrium in my schedule that allows me to enjoy work with play.

Anyway...
That's all the time I can afford today. I must return from whence I came.

May the knowledge compel you to use your imagination and sprout forth from the boundaries of which we fear?

WTF? Meh, don't ask.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Aww daughter, all that learnin' has sure gotcha speakin' funny!

You sound content...busy but definitely content.
Just wait until we get home, Ski-dooing and ice-fishing and actually going in the forest to get our own Christmas tree??? Holy jumpin's Batman! What is Oreo going to do... I mean a Mainlander dog, living in Newfoundland???? haha

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

you would be surprised what people are doing when they die. i've seen a 50-something year old man dies while getting a lap dance, and a 60-something man have a massive stroke while fooling around with his girlfriend - who magically disppeared when the wife showed up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home