Saturday, August 26, 2006

All Gone...

Mom and Kevin have left to go back to Calgary. It hasn't been more that a few minutes, and I'm already feeling lonely.
We had a really fun visit and we were constantly busy with something to do.
Mom and Kevin spoiled us rotten. They basically refurnished our apartment with a ton of stuff...I wasn't sure if they were going to leave to go back home, especially now that it actually feels like real living quarters!
Whipper was spoiled too. She got a new doggie bed and tons of treats. I don't think she wanted them to leave either.

Aside from the spoiling, we spent 3 days in an amazing log cabin in Port Blanford. We had a fire EVERY night! I drank more in those 3 days than I've drank in the last year! Whipper got a chance to show us what she's made of by running around the cabin at lightening speed. She's half whippet, which means she is part of a racing breed. I think she enjoyed being able to really stretch her legs.
Kevin took me golfing (for the first time) at TerraNova Park. TerraNova is a beautiful course...I mean I would just go for the scenery and the excellent cardio, let alone the game! Although next time I think I'd walk...despite how fun that little cart is to drive. I really like golf. I don't like a lot of sports, but I could really see myself getting into golf. So the plan now is to practice as much as I can until Kevin is back in Nfld so I can actually hit the ball far enough to keep myself in the game. haha.
But I made one good shot. Yeah it was sweet...I hit the ball straight and right onto the green. There was some cute maintenance dude who was like...."Nice Shot." I was like..."Thanks, tehehhehehe." Lots of hot guys play golf too. It's the perfect sport of a single gal!

We spent some time in Clarenville and in Bonavista just visiting relatives...Clarenville was a bit boring but that's because Danielle and I had lived there for almost a year prior to coming to St. John's. And as most Newfies call a place that is dead and boring...whatta DIVE!
We drove out to Musgrave Harbour to visit Poppy Pearce's grave and where we discovered a white sandy beach. HELLO! Who needs Florida??? Next year I'm just gonna header up to the white sandy beach, ya know.....camp out and go swimming.
Our time in St.John's was cut a little short, but we still managed to get most everything done, along with a lovely evening at the Keg to celebrate Mom and Kevin's 15 year Anniversary.

The best part is, all this whole vacation was caught on VIDEO!!!
I can't wait to get the DVD in the mail...recorded especially for us!

Mom and Kevin are probably about 20 mins in the air now. They have a very long trip ahead of them.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll have pictures soon. Danielle just has to upload them.

That's it for now.

3 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

parents - can't live with them, can't live without them

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Miss you both more than words can say....
wish I didn't have to leave...

LOVE MOM

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Daejeon James said...

I can't wait to get home so I can come out there to visit! I'll bring a whole camera crew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home