Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Life at the Pharmacy



Above is the Holy Bible for the every day Pharmacist....


As many of you know, I am doing my workterm this summer in a Pharmacy. This was to be a 4 week non-paid experience for credit towards my degree program. They friendly folks at Sobey's have decided to hire me on for 8 weeks (PAID!) after my SPE is complete. So I am one happy pharmacy student.

So, what is life like in a pharmacy? What do those serious-looking, constantly counting, lab-coat wearing professionals really do behind that counter? Why do they always look so focused and concentrated on what they are doing?

Because! It's so easy to make an "F"ing mistake that could cost you your LIFE! Yeah, that's right!
We don't just COUNT pills ok. We make sure directions are right, dosing is correct, the doctor didn't take crack the day of your visit and prescribe something that could kill you, or that you are crazy allergic to...we deal with your billing and insurance crap, spend hours on the phone talking to stuck-up egomaniac doctors so YOU don't have to, and insurance companies who don't want to dish out, even when they know they HAVE TO!!

So the next time you visit your local pharmacy....tell your pharmacist THANK YOU for all the hard work they do. Because even though you can't see everything that goes on behind that counter, believe me. It's a LOT more than the average person would bargain for!
OH YEAH!! AND CALL FOR REFILLS YOU LAZY SHOPPERS!!!! Just freakin call!!!! Don't huff when you gotta wait 15 minutes so we can do all of the above!!! Just think...it could be saving your stupid, useless, good-for-nothing life.


Oh, did I mention that I LOVE working at the Pharmacy? THEHEHHEHEH!
No seriously, it's cool.


And remember...pills are good.


More good stories and counting...don't worry I didn't forget. I simply just don't have time to tell them yet!!!


TO BE CONTINUED........
Can you guess the brand and proprietary name of the pills below????
One hint: It's generic!

3 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

ah yes...the ever present CPS...always 10 in your face when you don't need it, and none around when you do. and at least you didn't show a photo of "the little white pill...you know the one...for the heart". NO I DON'T KNOW DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Well, I do need pills....
Even more now....haha
Can't wait to see you... gee that attitude...a little Pharmaceutical isn't IT? haha

We are busy packing, and today having a huge BBQ for 9 people, oh yeah, we are completely nuts, I need to get below SEA LEVEL SOON...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home