Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Woah, time flys when you're not having fun

So, it's been a while...
Partly because I'm too busy to write intricate postings, and partly because facebook is just so much faster and convenient.

School is tough, money is rough, and I'm just like....what the hell happened to this year????
I can't believe how fast my second year in Pharmacy has flown by.
I mean, holy crap.
I'm one year older, I'm really not much wiser, but I am full of a lot of useless information...this I know for sure.

But that's university for you. You pay a lot of money for a lot of crap that goes along with your useful, practical, and applicable information.

I remember my first year of pharmacy. Wide-eyed, anxious to get started, worried that I would fail out or not get straight A's, and I treated EVERYTHING that was said or taught to me as if it was solid gold....maybe even platinum.

Now...after real life experience and after actually working in a pharmacy...I realize pharmacy school is full of a lot of really useless bullshit. I could care less about the high standards they place on us students, because I now know that the real world just doesn't work that way.
So maybe I am slightly wiser or maybe just slightly more cynical. But I am able to pick out what I feel is most relevant to me, and what I think would be most useful to me to become a successful pharmacist...
but after this hellish year of 7 courses per semester, and a month of unpaid work experience...I'm ready to graduate!!! So maybe I'm only half a pharmacist, who cares.

Ok well, I'm not actually ready to graduate...but I feel ready. Or maybe I just wish the next 2 years of the program would fly by as quickly as this one just did. hmmmm....

So finals are 2 weeks away. Then I'm off to Toronto for 5 days...checking out all a drug manufacturing companies and allowing them to spoil us rotten with freebies...including free food. Woohoo. Then off to Montréal...a city I've only seen as a young girl and at an age I couldn't really appreciate. So I'm looking forward to the experience! The only problem is I don't know much french anymore...since I haven't used it in YEARS. But that's ok, there are several french speaking people in my class who will be willing to interpret. After that, I fly back to Newfie-land.

THEN to the hospital I go. Yay...hospital pharmacy. Oh boy....I just can't wait...
Yup, I'm excited...considering I've already signed a contract with Shoppers Drug Mart to work as a community pharmacist...and I'm really not fussy about working for free in a hospital pharmacy, gaining experience that will NEVER apply to me. Woo hoo....

Anyway, I'm not going to write much more since I don't even think anyone I know reads my blog anymore, as I haven't written in almost a year or more...
SO

That's it.

Cheerio.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I do...and that's why I don't blog anymore either. Most of the people I know don't have time for blogs...
And maybe we are not that important to others.. haha

See ya soon daughter.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMFAO!! All that psycho-babble they teach in pharmacy is VERy difficult to accomplish in real life. Lick Stick Count Pour, Repeat methodically until retired....argh!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

There ya go daughter, you were told by anonymous that your career just doesn't count.... wow.... isn't that fabulous...that would make me want to blog in here all day ... wouldn't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home